The NGHS Bulldog Marching Band has accepted an invitation to be in the 2017 McDonald’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in Chicago, Illinois! The band will travel to Chicago November 21-25, 2017.
- We have 168 kids signed up to go to Chicago! We are hoping to have 21 chaperones to go with them; this will give us a 1:8 ratio. Marsha Curry will be contacting parents that expressed interest in chaperoning; parents that are interested and haven’t had a chance to sign up yet should contact Marsha at email@example.com.
- Everyone going on the trip is required to register on line. There are also medical release forms and travel permit forms that everyone needs to complete. Mr. Gilbert has the forms for anyone that was not at Tuesday’s Booster meeting. The travel company suggests, but does not require, that they be notarized. Any parents that are notary publics and are available to notarize these forms should contact Laura Bligh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final payments for the students is due September 14. If there are questions about how much is owed, please email Elizabeth Rickwood at email@example.com.
- We are still working on chaperone costs but it will be no more than $550, based on double occupancy. Due date for chaperone payments is still to be determined.
- The parade is usually televised on WGN for anyone that is not able to go to Chicago.
More details will be coming soon: Traditional Thanksgiving Day Dinner, Trolley City Tour, Water Tower Place, Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium, Magnificent Mile, Field Museum, Federal Reserve Bank, Millennium Park, Skydeck Chicago.